Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Glimps into a Realtors day

Are people crazy, ignorant or just plain stupid?

We have a cooperative for sale commonly referred to as a co-op. Today some lady called the office all bubbly with an extremely nasal sounding voice which would put Fran Drescher’s to shame. Anyway she goes on inquiring about a listing explaining every detail of the property listed in the magazine despite my trying to make her aware that I already know which property she is referring to, that didn’t work. She needed to finish her thought! Uuggg!!!

Some of these little personality traits people have can drive ya nutz!

Anyway this is a co-op listed for $75,000 in the New Jersey metro area of Edison, homes aren’t that cheap here, you can find some good prices in low to mid $200's but not really lower then that for an actual free standing structure "house". Moving on... I asked how can I help you, what would you like to know?

She replies by asking how big is the lot...

Ahhh… this is a co-op it’s not a house, it’s kind of like a condo except a different type of ownership, I replied. She replies not a house, ahhhh… then forget about it, I’m not interested and then hangs up!

My thoughts...
Are you freaking kidding me lady???????

Did you actually think for a second that you were going to get a house in Edison, NJ for $75,000 and then were ramping up to rip it apart being picky asking what the lot size is?

I gotta tell you, I’ve come across all types working in this industry and one thing is for sure, you will never see it all. I am constantly being surprised by the things people do or ask and by some of the strange things I have seen, some funny, some not so and some very stupid. One thing for sure is you can NEVER under estimate the stupidity of people!

This job is however always full of surprises.

Today was just probably a long day for me and the nasal voice coupled with the stupidity probably is just getting the best of me, prompting me to type this blog entry but figured, what the hell, I need to start posting something here! lol…

Has anyone else had any strange experiences you’d like to share, realtors, buyers, sellers all welcome to chime in.

BTW. I wrote this yesterday.

No comments: